Oh how the spooky have fallen! After ranking as the 15th best city in the nation for trick-or-treating in 2010, Atlanta has been unranked for the past 2 years in Zillow's annual Trick-or-Treat Index (Yes, that's actually a thing). As Zombie Capital of the World, how is this possible? How many brains does a city have to eat to get on this list?
Before we recap our favorite neighborhoods in Atlanta to go door-to-door, let's dig into a few of the cities that were ranked and figure out why the good people at Zillow believe these cities to be scarier than Atlanta:
- San Francisco - Alcatraz and Trolleys. But mostly the trolleys.
- Boston - Home of the Boston Strangler and Al Davis. Just boo, baby.
- Honolulu - Close your eyes. You're on stage for a spelling bee. Your word - Kuliouou-Kalani Iki. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
- Philadelphia -They throw batteries at Santa; Imagine what they would do to you.
- Washington -More politicians than anywhere else in the nation. Need I say more?
- Pittsburgh - Brett Keisel's beard.
- Minneapolis - Mall of America. I shudder to think of all the kids, (40 million people annually) and all the shopping (500+ stores) under one roof. This is my nightmare.
- Buffalo - The Bills. Have you seen them play lately? Frightening.
Top Neighborhoods in Atlanta for Trick-or-Treating
- Atkins Park
- Brookwood Hills
- Ansley Park
- Garden Hills
- Candler Park
- Morningside/Lenox Park
- Virginia Highland
- Inman Park