Spring cleaning feels great- especially when it's over. Fortunately, there is no reason to dread this season's tidying. These spring cleaning hacks guarantee you will have the cleanest house in Atlanta in no time at all.
- Give your doormats a good cleaning. Your welcome mat is the first thing people see when they enter your home, make sure you are making a good impression. Doormats are also the first line of defense you have against dirt entering your home and the cleaner the mat is, the more effectively it will trap dirt. How To Clean Stuff.net suggests shaking out the debris, vacuuming the remainder of the dirt, and using baking soda to clean and deodorize.
- Use a lint roller to clean your upholstered items. Couches, curtains, even bathmats can benefit from this trick. Dust, pet hair, and lint will all lift off on contact, leaving your upholstered surfaces looking as if they had been cleaned.
- Don't sort your clutter- hide it! Clear off all of your flat surfaces (think counters, desks, coffee tables) and invest in small storage baskets to stash toys, electronic cables, and bathroom clutter. Laundry baskets can be repurposed for the garage to stash larger items such as sports equipment and pet supplies.
- As my mother once told me, "You'd clean your blender if it smelled bad!" Disposals are often the culprit of kitchen odors, and simply running soap and water down the drain is not enough to kill the germs and bacteria that call your sink home. There are many techniques worth trying- Apartment Therapy recommends using a combination of lemon juice, vinegar, and baking soda. Doctor Oz suggests coffee grounds for their odor neutralizing properties. If all else fails, you could take a page out of my mom's book and use soap, water, and elbow grease. Just make sure the blades are off before you put your (gloved) hand down the sink.
- Now that you almost finished, grab some booze! Redbook advises using a spray bottle of vodka to attack mold and mildew stains in sinks, tubs, and on counters. Let it sit for 10 minutes, and then wipe away with a sponge. Then take a few sips to celebrate to your newly cleaned house!
Still looking for your dream home? We can help. Click here to start your search.