No need to spend all of your holiday afternoon grilling when you are surrounded by the best eateries in town. Kick back by the pool (it’s going to be 90+ degrees anyway), hang out with your friends, and later check out our 5 BBQ favorites in the ATL for a delicious Memorial Day meal to start off your summer just right.
- Fox Bro’s Bar-B-Q: Located in Little Five Points, this BBQ joint should be a staple restaurant in everyone’s book. We clearly aren’t the first ones to catch on though, as the place is always hopping (with no reservations unfortunately). Officially opening in 2007, Fox Bro’s Bar-B-Q has risen from the dust (literally- a tornado struck in 2012) and has been named runner up for the best barbecue in Atlanta for multiple years. This is the place to go if you want to eat Jalapeno Cornbread, Brisket Chili Covered Tots, and a Smoked Chicken Salad Sandwich. It’s backyard cookout aesthetic paired with their Smoked Portobello Sammy will make the wait fly by (and your mouth water).
- Heirloom Market BBQ: If you already have plans on Memorial Day, do not fret; this cute little hole in the wall is only open Tuesday-Saturday. Adding their own personal touch to classic barbecue dishes, Chef Cody Taylor and Chef Jiyeon Lee have mastered the marriage of Korean cuisine and traditional smoked flavors. Their menu features Spicy Korean Pork, Smoke Kielbasa, and Kimchi Coleslaw.
- Swallow at the Hollow: This is the ultimate man’s meal. Ladies, prepare to have leftovers for days if you decide to accompany your man on this occasion. Featuring very traditional barbecue dishes, if you want to stay within your comfort zone of Brunswick Stew, Smoked Turkey, Baked Beans, and Fried Green Tomatoes, this is just the place for you.
- The Smoke Ring: Founded on true “Georgia-Style Barbecue” recipes, the Smoke Ring was established in 2013 by Jordan Wakefield and his wife, Erin. With an intimate bar and table setting, this hidden gem is the perfect casual day date spot, serving a delicious Smoked Brisket Burrito, Three Cheese Mac N Cheese, and Show Stopper Sandwich.
- Grand Champion BBQ: This eatery is not only one of our favorite’s but also a favorite among the peeps at Krog Street Market. If you can’t make it to the Inman Park location, check out the others in Historic Roswell, Crabapple, or Shallowford. Known for cooking with local spices and ingredients, be sure to try their Collard Greens, Baby Back Ribs, and cap off the night with their delicious Banana Pudding.
We recommend the best BBQ choices, so why wouldn't we recommend the best new home for you? Start your search today.